The Minnesota Vikings defeat the Detroit Lions 20-7 and improve to 9-4 on the season. With the win they keep pace with the Green Bay Packers, who lead the division at 10-3.
Notable performances of the game include:
- Defensive end Danielle Hunter had a monster game with three sacks. He now has a career total of 50 sacks in his 75th career game. Hunter is just 25 years old and joins the ranks of Jared Allen and Keith Millard as the only Vikings to amass 50 sacks in a Vikings uniform.
- Kirk Cousins continued his recent run, bring a smile to many fantasy owners as he hit 10 different receivers, completing 24 of 30 passes for 242 yards and picking up a touchdown.
- Defensively Harrison Smith and Andrew Sendejo, reunited this season, each picked off a Lions pass.
- Dalvin Cook lept over the goal line, scoring his 13th touchdown of the year. Cook also caught a pair of passes for 13 yards, bringing him over 500 receiving yards on the season and surpassing 100 career catches.
- Stefon Diggs caught a 44 yard pass to bring the Vikings inside the five yard line, setting up the Dalvin Cook touchdown.
- Running back Alexander Mattison brought the crowd to their feet when he launched himself in the air to avoid a tackle as he finished the game with 26 yards on the ground and two catches for 18 yards.
Players were wearing cleats to raise awareness and support for their favorite causes in the My Cause My Cleats promotion. 54 players participated with 47 different causes and charitable organizations represented. See the cleats and causes on the Minnesota Vikings website.
Enjoy these photos from Matt Blewett